Skip to main navigation
Skip to main content
- Be as specific as possible when giving GTPD your location. What building are you in? What floor? Which room?
- Describe the injuries/symptoms that the patient is experiencing.
- If the patient can speak, try to get their name and any medication they are on to give to GTPD.
- Ask someone else to meet police and/or ambulance outside the building to aid their ability to locate the victim in a timely manner.
- Provide first aid to the best of your ability.
- Use precautions to prevent your exposure to bodily fluids.
- Refrain from moving the patient unless it is absolutely necessary for safety reasons.
- If you determine that the patient doesn't have a pulse and is not breathing, begin CPR (only if you have been trained in this technique).
- Stay calm and reassure the patient that help is on the way.
- Try to make the patient as comfortable as possible.
- Clear the area for emergency responders if possible.
- Try to keep the patient awake by engaging them in conversation.