General Reporting Procedures
- Report the incident to GTPD at 9-1-1 from any campu phone or 404-894-2500 from a cellular phone, include the following details:
- Your location (building, floor/room, etc).
- If anyone was exposed to Hazardous Materials by inhalation, ingestion or contact.
- If there are any injuries. Describe injuries.
- The nature of the spill/release (name of chemical, amount, is there an odor, are there irritants?).
- Remove yourself from the immediate area, but do not contaminate others if you have come into contact with the material.
- If contaminated, limit the spread of the material by isolating yourself from others.
- If eyes are contaminated, immediately flush your eyes in an eyewash station for a minimum of 15 minutes.
- For exposed skin and clothes, stand under an emergency decontamination shower for a minimum of 15 minutes.
- Safely notify occupants in the immediate area, appropriate supervisory personnel, and the Building Manager.